'Working together to be the best that we can be'
...is our school ethos and this can be seen, heard and experienced by all who enter Thornhill Primary School.
Our vision is to create a positive, secure and stimulating environment in which everyone feels valued and can become successful learners.
To achieve this, the school:
- provides high expectations for learning for all children and adults
- provides all pupils with the knowledge, skills and values needed to be successful
- provides a culture which fosters cooperation and collegiality
- provides a centre for the community
- promote an ethos of love, trust and forgiveness
Within our school you will see children:
- smiling and playing happily
- discussing, evaluating and improving their learning and presentation
- accessing and using resources, including adults, skilfully
- explaining the purpose of their learning and their learning needs
- interacting positively with other children and adults
- attempting challenging tasks, making mistakes and modifying their actions
- engaged in a range of tasks which include learning new skills and applying them
- expressing themselves creatively and imaginatively
- using all areas of the school purposefully and respectfully
- making healthy choices
- resolving arguments and conflicts
- everyone working together to be the best they can be
Children, parents and staff at the school also aim to support the school by following the 3Bs - click on the link below to find out more.