Please make sure you are reading at home. We have thought of some questions that you could be asking at home to help the children improve their skills. These questions can be used for any book you are reading not just the ones brought home from school.
- Looking at the front cover, what do you think might happen in the story?
- Read the blurb can you tell me what you think might happen?
- What happens at the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- Explain to me what you think might be happening in this picture?
- Who is the main character in the story?
- How do you think the character is feeling?
- After reading part of the story, what do you think is going to happen at the end?
Can you draw a picture about the story you have read? You could always label your picture so we know who the characters are.