Today we are going to be working on our imagination! We want the children to develop their imaginative thinking while playing a role.
Here some of our ideas:
1. To pretend you are walking into a bears cave. How would you move? Make sure to check behind you!
2. Taking a ride on a magic carpet. How would you sit? What can you see?
3. Travelling through space in a rocket. What would you see in space?
4. Going through an imaginary door into Snow White's cottage. Would you make any noise? What can you hear?
What to look for:
- Children engaging fully in imaginative thinking and imaginative movements
- Children moving imaginatively in response to a given situation or scenario
- Children discussing imagined situations
Questions you can ask:
- What items would you take with you on your journey?
- How would you move your body?
- What do you think would happen next?