The Young Ambassadors scheme is designed to build the leadership skills of young people and as a result they are empowered to take on the following roles:
- Be the youth voice for PE and school sport in their school and community.
- Promote the positive values of sport.
- Be a role model and champion for PE and school sport.
- Increase participation opportunities and healthy lifestyles for everyone.
What qualities do I need to become a Team Thornhill PE Ambassador?
- Must be approachable and have a good relationship with all children.
- A positive role model and a good attitude towards learning and playing sports.
- Be a good team member.
- Able to engage and inspire others.
- Must be organised and be a good timekeeper.
Our PE ambassadors have been carefully chosen and show all of the qualities above. Their role is very important throughout the school.