PE Home Challenges KS1 — Autumn 2 2020
In PE we are focusing on developing our jumping and landing skills (dynamic balance to agility) and static balance (seated). Try some of the challenges below, either at home or in the playground.
- Find a line outside and practise jumping from 2 feet to 2 feet forwards, backwards and side to side.
- In a seated position balance with one hand and one foot touching the floor.
- For 10 seconds balance with no hands and no feet touching the floor.
- Practise jumping from 2 feet to 2 feet with a quarter turn in both directions.
- Stand on a line and jump from 2 feet to 1 foot and freeze on landing (on either foot).
- In a seated position with no hands and no feet pick up a cone from one side, swap hands and place it on the other side.
- I can complete a tucked jump with 180 degree turn in either direction.
- In a seated positon with no hands and no feet pick up a cone from one side, place it on the other side with the same hand and return it with the other hand.